Saturday, September 20, 2008

Socrates Sez


Note:
Socrates
is a minature mule and the star of

Down Home Ever Lovin' Mule Blues
by Jacquie Rogers

Copyright (c) 2008 Jacquie Rogers




Humans are so stubborn.

But never let it be said that we mules don’t take care of our humans. Mine is Brody Alexander. I’m Socrates, master of cogitation and entertainer of both large and small children.

Infinite patience is required to endure Brody’s obstinance. Granted, we john mules do have it easier than men. We don’t have this hormone thing going on so we don’t spend our lives trying to make little mules.

That gives us lots more time to cogitate. And believe me, I can think of a few more species who could do with a little thoughtful uncommon sense.

Human males, for instance. Why, they seem to spend every waking hour thinking about sex, getting sex, or being disappointed by not having sex.

That’s how I see it. Except I left one thing out—human males need more than sex. They need love. My human could use a little loving these days. Why, he’s been moping around worse than a porcupine on a bad hair day.

That’s where the cogitating comes in. If testosterone hadn’t clouded Brody’s thinking, he’d already know what he needs. Funny thing, those hormones.

The way I see it, my job is to help his brain listen to his other parts—especially his heart. And I have the answer. Yes, sir, I do. I just saw a pretty little filly drive down the road, the very same one who mooned over Brody ten years ago.

It’s time for action.

Read what happens to Brody when Socrates puts his plan into action. Perseus the Australian Shepherd and Guinnevere the skunk are gung-ho to help, along with the neighbor dog, Beauty (bloodhound/collie mix).

May your saddle never slip!

Jacquie

Down Home Ever Lovin' Mule Blues

also check out:
Faery Special Romances *** Book Video

Princess Keely, Star of Faery Special Romances

Royalties go to Children's Tumor Foundation, ending Neurofibromatosis through Research
Jacquie Rogers *** Myspace *** Twitter *** Faery World

No comments: